Saturday 8 January 2011

Pasta project

This term I was given the brief of re branding pasta. I went for a friendly, local brand called Farmer Joe's with a lovable farmer Joe character. The main feature of my bag which made it stand out is the resealable seal across the top keeping the pasta fresh as well as insuring a firm close as i found the stickers on current packets did not work properly, pasta still spilt, the sticker lost its stickiness and the bag ripped easily when initially opening it so I wanted to produce a simple effective bag with a more durable plastic for people who like to bulk buy like mums. These bags are also reusable shown by the macaroni reuse sign and can be used for freezer bags or packed lunches etc when rinsed. I wanted to produce an environmentally friendly brand to fit with the rural feel I was going for so not only is the bag reusable but the factories in which it is produced is run on renewable energy.
People like to buy pasta in bulk as it is frequently used and as my product is ethical, efficient and has a strong brand all for around the same price as other products in the market I do believe it would be in high demand and be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment